Thursday, August 31, 2006

Whys and Wherefores

I'm back!

I was overjoyed on getting home to discover that a kind soul had taken the time and trouble to leave a message. So greetings to Caramaena, who lives in Oz, and blogs here. Now I know that I have more than one return visitor so please say hello. Does that sound pathetic? Probably!.

Anyway I had a fabulous few days away, mucking about in Surrey which is a much nicer part of the country than the one I live in. It isn't entirely flat and it isn't entirely populated by poor white trash that are known as Chavs here and Bogans in Australia. We spent an afternoon on the river in the vicinity of Windsor sniggering the old woman who lives in the house on the top of the hill and so forth (essentially being drunkenly bolshie), called in at any supermarket we caught sight of and gave the staff hell (memo to self here).

I actually got back on Tuesday and went to work on Wednesday but nothing sufficiently interesting to inspire me to write actually happened. In fact nothing at all got under my skin on Wednesday to the extent that even I realised that I had needed a few days away quite desperately.

Something momentous did happen; one of the admin staff has resigned because she's got herself a job that I suspect pays cash. It means all bets are off and I might just get my Sundays back. Not entirely sure I want them, but that's another subject. Other than that, just the usual. Back when something out of the ordinary happens.

Memo to self: If I don't actually recognise the awkward customer there's a jolly good chance it's some bored supermarket employee taking a sort of busman's holiday and making some other supermarket employee's day as miserable as his or hers normally is.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 am, Blogger caramaena said…

    Sounds like you had a nice break :)

    Welcome back.

    Thanks for the mention btw, very kind of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home